Simply beautiful...

Simply beautiful...

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Fun in the Sun!

The last few days have been absolutely gorgeous here. It's been in the mid 70's with not a cloud in the sky... What does this equal? A very happy sun goddess (me) and a very happy mini sun goddess (Harper)! The kids and I got our vitamin D and a little sun kissed too.
Yesterday, while Bentley was napping, Harper and I had a little fun on our deck with her water table and then filled our beverage bucket with water as a "pretend" swimming pool. She was thrilled to put on her suit and sunglasses and splash around.
While she was in the bucket, we had a cute conversation I had to record. Harper was pretending that the bucket was a car she was driving. I don't want to forget just how magical it is to see the world through a 2 year olds eyes!

Harper: I driving! Vroom!
Me: Are you going fast or slow?
Harper: I'm going fast! Like dada! (yikes, sorry J!)
Me: Where are you going?
Harper: To the castle! (i.e., Disneyland)
Me: Oh how fun! What are you going to do at the castle?
Harper: I see Mickey and Goofy; I see princesses; I see choo-choo; I dance; I go whoosh...
Me: Oh, you're going to go on some rides too?
Harper: yeah. And I eat cupcakes!
Me: What color cupcake will you have?
Harper: A pink, and a red, and a green...
Me: mmmm, that sounds yummy. What else are you going to do at the castle?
Harper: I go to Minnie's house!
Me: Oh fun!
Harper: And give BIG hugs and kisses!
I love these little conversations and never knowing where they're going to go ;) I love my girl and watching her grow up and use her imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment