Simply beautiful...

Simply beautiful...

Friday, June 11, 2010

Changes Ahead!


As Harper is napping and the house is filled with silence, I have a moment to stop and reflect on just what has and is happening with our family these days. I can't help but feel the nagging reminder that "changes are brewing" for the Swift family. This constant reminder makes me pull out my Bible and read some of my favorite verses from the Psalms:

"We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you." (Psalm 33:20-22)

Life has been a whirlwind lately and I haven't even written about two of the biggest pieces of news in 2010 for us. For starters, we found out that our second baby, who is due in October, is a BOY! We are thrilled that Harper will have a little brother and are so thankful that he is healthy so far. Going from pink to blue will be a change for our household as we have been told there will be more pee, more dirt and much more wrestling! At the same time, Jeremy is looking forward to things like spring training and other sporting events someday, and I am hoping for a "mama's boy". We are now even more glad we bought the blue BOB stroller instead of the pink one I wanted 2 years ago. Yes, we are thrilled about our boy and can't wait to meet him this fall!

Our other news is that we have officially decided to move back to Portland, Oregon this coming August. The decision has been anything but easy, but we feel confirmed that this is where the Lord is leading our family right now. We have described the decision as being bitter-sweet as we will be "gaining" ALL of our family in the Northwest, but "losing" our friends in San Diego. Jeremy and I feel it's the first HUGE decision we are having to make for our family and one that is taking a giant step of faith.

I have already gone through some emotional ups and downs in regard to the move. Some days I am filled with hope and bright thoughts of being near family. Other days I have cried at any mere thought of leaving our friends and San Diego. I know I'll have many more ups and downs as we move toward change... but the verses from Psalms remind me that even when life is uncertain we can be certain that God has got our back, as long as we are putting our trust and hope in Him. As Jeremy and I begin to experience a few "lasts" here in San Diego, we've talked about the importance of truly experiencing the sadness and the joys of what is ahead. We have loved much here in San Diego through the years, and loving much is what draws us to Oregon now as well. We hope that you'll support us through this season and know that we are so thankful for each and every one of you who have loved and touched our family in some way.

3 comments:

  1. I love that verse, Audi. I am always encouraged when I remember it is
    God that holds my times. And when I remember his loving kindness and goodness toward me it is a double encouragement. God will sustain you and help you adjust to these new changes, as uncertain as they are. Praying for you all, dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audi - congrats on everything! I know exactly how you feel about the move. We moved to Massachusetts after Cooper was born to be around family. We knew it was the right decision without a doubt but it was still SO hard to leave Portland - which had been my home for 9 years and James' for more than that. I think I'm still in a bit of denial that I'm not going back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on everything. I can understand your situation. We are just put our house on the market here is NC and will then move to FL. As we end our time in the ARMY and moving. The changes are endless. I agree, the only comfort is God! Trusting in him, that he will always provide and be holding us. There is a great Christian artist name JJ Heller (she sounds like a happy Alanis Morrisat), she sing a wonderful song caled Your hands. Hope you all are doing well!I will pray for a smooth move an peace of mind. -Jess Badders

    ReplyDelete