Simply beautiful...

Simply beautiful...

Friday, November 18, 2011

My Oh My!

Oh my sweet Harper,

You are testing your mommy so much these days. I'm told it's because you are almost three. You are much more independent than at 2 or 2 and 1/2. You are realizing that you have a mind and opinion of your own... and it is now actually a "choice" to not obey mommy and daddy. Thankfully I know this is just a stage... it is marked by a lot of whining and more tantrums. I will never forget exactly when the stage started because you burst out at something I said with, "I don't want to, I don't want to, I don't want to!" My breathing stopped, as I had never heard anything of the sort from your mouth!

You are not difficult all the time, my girl. You are also extremely animated, clever and full of imagination these days. You are also markedly compassionate, empathetic and gentle. You love being active, silly and laughing!

Nonetheless, I am tired often these days and am ever thankful for the Lord's guiding your mommy and daddy. I write these things for me to remember what the Lord is teaching us and for you and Bentley to read when you are parents someday. I am so thankful for your daddy's support and wisdom in regards to you and Bentley. I am realizing more and more that I must rely on the Lord's strength and wisdom in parenting and on him filling me with more and more patience.
Here you are Harper, crumbling to pieces... you didn't want to be buckled in the ride just yet because you HAD to play with the controls immediately. My oh my sweet girl!

I have been encouraged by two verses lately:

James 1:5 - "If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you."

Isaiah 40:11 - "He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young."

No comments:

Post a Comment