I swore I would stay on top of recording your changes!
You are getting SO big these days... I see the two-year old coming out in you very clearly these days and it's pretty fun to watch.
Even though you are the younger sibling, the phrase we often say is you are "never to be left behind" and it is TRUE... sometimes to Harper's dismay these days. You have more energy than I have seen before! Now that I think about it, you are your daddy's boy: Once you are awake, you are on full steam until your head hits the pillow or the car starts rolling... In your eyes, all daylight hours are to be spent running, climbing, screaming, laughing, learning... and then when the day is done, you usually sleep HARD.
You adore music... anything with a good beat (you definitely take after your mama there). In fact, your daddy and I will never forget how you moved ever so perfectly to Gwen Stefani as it blared over the speakers at mommy's running event last month! We looked at each other like, "did you just see that too?!?", it was pretty awesome ;)
Some of the things you say:
- I like it!
- I see!
- I want it
- I don't want anything
- Come here!
- I happy
- I love you
- Come on!
- We once asked you, "Who are you?"... (we were looking for the "Bentley" response). You replied with "Me!"... Harper thought it was so funny, she asks you most days, "who are you?" and you always reply with "Me!"... and then you both laugh in stitches EVERY time. You two are so fun together.
- We also took a shot at asking you, "What's your name?". Your reply every time is, "Harper" and you think it is so funny... especially when everyone else reacts with laughter. You are such a ham!
- During one of our family ice cream stops this summer, we were standing in line and trying to figure out what everyone was going to order. We asked Harper what flavor of ice cream she wanted, and before she could reply, you bursted out saying, "chocolate!" We did NOT expect your response... but coming from your family history... it was natural ;)
- Favorite words: ball, bubbles, bugs, Harper, Mama, Dada, potty, hurt, water, blankie, go, car. snack, bike, birdie, puppy, etc.
- You REPEAT everything we say and are adding new phrases to your repertoire daily.
- You love to sing and your favorite songs right now are: Jesus Loves Me, Silent Night, Holy, Mommy's Talk Silk Hat song, ABC's, Jesus ABC's, Nova, Beautiful.