Simply beautiful...

Simply beautiful...

Friday, May 25, 2012

San Francisco, Friends and Fun!

This past weekend, Jeremy and I got to fly to San Francisco and meet up with our dear friends Eric and Kara Jung.  In my mind, the weekend was about combining running, friends and a bit of business in the city for the boys... but the Jung's know how to pack it in and what a fun weekend it was!

Ever since the Jung's moved back to the Bay area a couple years ago, they have told us how much fun it has been to run the Bay to Breakers 12k race in the city.  It took a couple of years and the right timing until we could finally join them this year.  Jeremy and I got our booties in shape to run the 7.5 mile race (the farthest I've ever run!) and we finished just a handful minutes behind the smoking shoes of the Jung's.

Even though we were only in the city for two full days, (our first evening was spent at Eric's parent's house so we could see Annika and Audrey... I was SO thrilled to see AJ again and finally meet Audrey!) Once we were in the city, I felt like I got to see a lot of what so many people love about San Francisco.  I hadn't been there since I was a kid, so the Jung's were happy to show me some classic SF.

Amongst my favorite moments were riding the trolly car (touristy I know, but so fun), walking around Ghirardelli square and fisherman's wharf, dinner at the Jung's favorite spot, biking across town through presidio park and across the Golden Gate bridge, seeing just what exactly is so quaint about Sausalito... barely making the ferry ride back (!), and then ending the trip with a glass of wine, some delicious olives and great conversation for just Kara and myself while the boys were off doing their work thing ;)

I loved this trip for so many reasons, but spending intentional time with such dear friends is a gift... one that we are so incredibly thankful for... more and more, as growing a family can make these moments fewer and farther between.  So, a BIG thank you to both grandparents who made this weekend a reality for us!  We love you Jung's... your hearts are pure gold.  Thanks for making it such a special memory.

(I admittedly got a little picture happy and was intent on capturing a bit of everything... I usually get so busy enjoying that I don't have any pictures to show for such wonderful memories!)
Miss Annika... was too cute in her princess attire! (Audrey was in bed already)

Our running crew

Before


And After... we somehow manage to stay friends, despite my competitiveness ;)

Lunch after the race at the ferry landing

The boys... waiting for the girls - they had no idea they were so picture perfect sitting there!

Taking advantage of the brick wall for a photo

Yummy, yummy dinner with my love


Our beautiful bike ride through San Francisco... the fog was enchanting.

Foggy SF behind us... which of course you can't see

My love... and the Jung's... leaving us in the dust :)

Beautiful Sausalito

Love.

Ferry ride back to the city from Sausalito... Alcatraz is in the background!

One last girl picture before catching Bart to the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment