Simply beautiful...

Simply beautiful...

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Overdue

Our recent schedule has lead me to a point to where it's been tough to keep our blog updated...

This post is overdue, just as our visit with dear friends was grotesquely overdue!

My dear friends, Laurel and Greg, were able to fly to Portland from Denver with their two adorable kiddos for a week of reuniting our group of friends - Krista, Josh and their little boy, Crew, as well as Ben and his fiancé Emma. These friends represent sincere friendship (that dates back before I knew Jeremy) and unmatched loyalty. I love them all dearly and felt SO blessed to have gotten to spend a memorable week together... Eating, laughing, adventuring, playing with our kids and reconnecting.

Krista and Laurel are the friends who I can "pick up where we left off" with, who have seen my countless flaws and love me anyways... You girls are irreplaceable and I look forward to more moments together in the coming years!
I got to sneak away downtown to see Krista and the Startzel family on the 4th of July!  This was the first time Laurel and I had seen each other in about 4 years... since Jackson was a newborn and I was pregnant with Harper!!! I had never met sweet Kennedy before either!!

Harper and Jackson hit it off from the very first minute they met at the zoo

Harper and Bentley (more than) ADORED Kennedy

There were lots of these moments with the kids all week... they were a cute little crew!

Laurel, me and Krista... love, love these ladies.

Getting energy out after our drive to the beach

It was a beautiful day on the Oregon Coast... but a bit windy.

The crew walking on the beach... with beautiful Haystack Rock in the distance!

Daddy braved the cold waves with the kids.

Harper and I were both wishing all week that the Startzel's lived nearby...

Josh, Krista and sweet little Crew

Laurel, Kennedy, Greg and Jackson

The four kids grabbed hands and took over the tiny streets of downtown Cannon Beach

Harper and Jackson hanging out at the park together.

One last breakfast together before the Startzel's had to fly back to Denver.

Mama and Bentley at breakfast ;)

Our sweet, yet TIRED, kiddos at breakfast at the end of a fun-packed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment