Simply beautiful...

Simply beautiful...

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

It's Official: The Swifts are Moving


Many of our family and friends already know... but it's official: WE ARE MOVING BACK TO SAN DIEGO!

Quite honestly, it still feels surreal to write that.

We've known about the possibility for some time now.  Last November was when Jeremy's work conversations and logistics started getting more serious and promising.  To skip over the grueling details, Jeremy's job and A LOT of God-confirmations is what's pushing us to move next month.

I will say, we truly believe God is the ONE who clearly orchestrated our move up here to Portland, and is the ONE who is moving us back South again.

Even though we are truly at peace that the Lord is in this decision... I would be lying if I didn't say this move is bitter-sweet.  Just like the last one.  But a cut just a bit deeper.

When we moved away from San Diego and all of our friends back in 2010, it was hard to imagine life any differently.  At the same time, we desperately missed our families while we lived in SD and we were excited to be even closer with them all.  Now the tides are in reverse.  The thought of being away from our families quite literally brings me to tears.  We have weaved our lives and our hearts together in the most intricate of ways.  Our kids ADORE each and every family member.  And we've made sweet, life-changing friends up here.  But... we are gaining all of our precious friends from down south once again!

Bitter.  Sweet.

As my heart has gone through varying moments of excitement and excruciating pain, I have desperately asked the Lord why... why can't we have both?  Why can't all of our loved ones live in the same place?  I'm not sure I've received a revelation, but the word sacrifice keeps being pressed on my heart.

Jeremy and I want nothing more in our lives than to follow and obey Jesus.  We haven't always done this well.  In fact, more often, we've lost sight all together.  But this is our hearts.  We want to be used.  Willing.  Moldable.  Movable.  And I think I've read a few times in the Bible something about sacrifice often being a part of the equation in following Jesus...

And this is where God has brought us.  To that place where He's asked us to stop talking and dreaming and actually put some skin in the game.  And we believe this entire decision has more to do with what God wants to do with us than a cozy work contract and a sunny, familiar city.

Our house officially went on the market yesterday.  Which again, makes me sad.  It was our first home.   It has held some of our most precious memories as a family.  But Jeremy and I have always wanted to be willing to let go.  Of our stuff.  Our ideals.  Our comforts.  I'm learning that stepping into your beliefs, words and dreams is much harder than when they all reside in your head and heart.

Our lives have been turned upside down.  And I think there's more processing to come.  But for now... it's official.  We are moving back to San Diego in mid-April.

And we're ready to take God up on His many, many promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment