Simply beautiful...

Simply beautiful...

Monday, April 1, 2013

And Just Like That...

And just like that... It's sold.

The news came as a total surprise (to me) and brought a rush of relief... And tears.

The offer came in while Jeremy was traveling last week. He and I quickly talked about where we wanted the negotiations to settle. The next phone call I got from Jeremy, he told me the house was sold! For some reason, I expected more negotiations or a longer process. Nope.

Jeremy and I both expressed to each other what a huge blessing this is and the relief it brings of not having to carry our mortgage, while paying rent in SD. We are SO incredibly thankful...

But I couldn't help but break down in tears once I got off the phone with Jeremy. A flood of memories rushed through my mind of the time we've been blessed to be in this home.

Remembering all the parties- family birthdays, my father-in-laws 60th, my mom's 60th, my 30th birthday - all parties to go in the memory books! There have been play dates, family movie nights, Bible study nights, enjoying countless sunsets on the deck with a cocktail, hot drink or ice cream bar, two of our most favorite Christmas' so far, snow days, sprinkler days, family snuggle days and so much more...

Our little baby girl turned into a big girl in this house. Our newborn son turned into a little toddler (or should I say boy???) in this house.

Jeremy and I grew into a more mature marriage in this house... Battling fears, transitions, baby blues, lots of travel, and new parenting challenges. Growing in our love, faith, commitment, bravery and friendship. I think we'd both agree, the past couple of years have brought us to the strongest place we've ever been... Because The Lord has become the true center and foundation not merely an idea.

I am going to forever think of this time here in Oregon, on our red house, as the sweetest of times... The most precious of times. Because The Lord has used it for deep, authentic growth... For slowing down and strengthening the foundations of our family. For relying on Him and deepening our assurance in His faithfulness and goodness.

In reality, we still have to get through inspections and the appraisal tomorrow. Then it will be done, done. Please be praying with us that everything goes smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment